Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Help! I've gotten a Pages doc and I can't open it!

I personally know how frustrating it can be when you receive a great document that has all of the cool things in it to teach a great lesson and it cannot be opened. It comes to you in an Apple format such as Pages that says that "you need to update your version of ___ in order to open and work on this document."  You call your tech facilitator. You call the helpdesk. Noones has an easy solution.  The best you may get is to save everything on your computer and soon (in a few weeks) a technician will come and re-image your computer.  UGH!  No one wants to have to do that OR have to wait on it to be done.  We want it NOW!  Well, this just happened to me today.  Technical Services finally came up with a plan and the wonderful lady from the help desk calmly and patiently explained to me how I would do it.  She allowed me to go painstakingly through the steps (that she had been sent...no experience for her, either) as I held my breath just hoping that this was all going to work. Of course, it was a document that I desperately needed to work on so that I could meet a deadline!  It never can be anything as easy as a funny story to read at my leisure that would get me caught up in this mess.

Thankfully...it WORKED!  It was such a good plan that I decided to step you through it in this handy little video that I made.  Please let me know if this does not work for you (kudos are appreciated as well 😉 .)

Website and March Newsletter


Now that you are the expert on this, you can continue to read on here!  Thanks to our team of facilitators, we have put together a March newsletter for you to glean information.  It is now located on the district website at the Technology Resources webpage.
          Don't forget to check out the Teacher Feature, either.  One day it could be you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are independently made and may not reflect the beliefs and policies of the Mesquite Independent School District, Mesquite, TX.